The Bible is the very Word of the God of the universe.
2. Every word is God-breathed.
3. God speaks to us through His Word.
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. Hebrews 1:1-2
4. The Bible forms us into one who can stand strong in the battle.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12
5. Dig Deeper into the Bible because it builds relationship with God.
6. As we Dig Deeper into the Bible, we come to KNOW God much more intimately.
And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3
7. The Word of God equips us for every good work.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every goodwork. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
8. A Deep Dig into Scripture helps us recognize the lies of the world.
9. Scripture benefits us. It provides hope, strength, encouragement, and so much more.
There is NO DOUBT that Digging Deeper into the Bible is important to us and the health of our soul.
But HOW do we Dig Deeper?
Simply sit and read it – cover to cover, Old Testament/New Testament, one book at a time, the letters, historical accounts. Just read and let the words wash over you.
Focus on smaller passages – books, letters, chapters, events, sermons, prayers – for digging deeper.
Use a study Bible and other tools (commentaries, dictionaries, free Bible-help websites).
Memorize Scripture – verses, passages, chapters, books!
Write it out – longhand!
Pray the Words of Scripture.