October 1st. There can be no more denying it. Fall has arrived.
Tomorrow my granddaughter and I will be pulling the Autumn season decorations from the basement and making it official throughout the house (#27). In celebration, I thought I would share our Fall list of activities once again!
- It is all about the leaves: Collect them. Rake them. Play in them.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Put together a leaf collection.
- Go on a hike.
- Make s’mores.
- Pick apples.
- Play football.
- Make a scarecrow.
- Take a flashlight walk through your neighborhood.
- Bake a pumpkin pie.
- Take a walk through a favorite park.
- Make leaf rubbings.
- Collect pine cones.
- Collect food for a local food bank.
- Spend a Saturday at a festival.
- Attend a high school football game.
- Plant mums.
- Go for a hayride.
- Drink hot chocolate.
- Visit a corn maze.
- Picnic on a blanket with your favorite fall foods: corn dogs, caramel apples, pumpkin cookies, cider.
- Make an autumn wreath.
- Send Thanksgiving cards.
- Clean out the garden and flower beds.
- Plant bulbs.
- Decorate your mantel or front door for fall.
- Make Halloween costumes.
- Tell stories around a fire.
- Fly a kite. Yes, in the fall!
Make it a Fall to remember! –Grab a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate), peruse the list, and choose two or three of the activities. Then, go ahead, begin to make your plan for enjoying some intentional, face-to-face time with your GRANDS!
And as always…if you have an Autumn activity you and your grands particularly enjoy, please share with us in the comments.
soli deo gloria,