In July of last year we posted 20 Tips for Grandmas. Here they are again in case you missed them.
Those Tips are great, but certainly not all encompassing. Here are 20 more to add to your repertoire:
- Make your grandchild’s favorite dinner for no reason at all.
- Cheer for them. Grandmas should be a grandchild’s biggest fan. Make sure they KNOW it!
- Encourage them.
- Hug your grandchildren…often!
- Kiss them.
- Leave little “thinking of you” notes for them to find.
- Allow your grandchild to make mistakes.
- Forgive them.
- Encourage open communication.
- Dream with them.
- Encourage them to go after their dreams.
- Hold your grandchild accountable.
- Compliment them often.
- Take them to church with you when they visit.
- Teach your grandchildren to appreciate learning and the importance of a good education.
- Encourage a life of excellence. Teach them to do their best and never to settle for mediocrity.
- Encourage creativity.
- Expect honesty from them.
- Tell the truth.
- Apologize when you mess up.
Enjoy building your relationship with your grandchild(ren) as you apply some of these Tips!